19th Century Victorian brass student oil lamp converted to electricity. Most likely original opaque glass shade that rests in a brass ring and the top of the lamp support is fitted with a ring carrying handle. Stamped with maker Saint Germain, C.F.A. Hinrichs Co., New York, 1873.
Dimensions: 22" H (base to highest point) x 12" (at widest). Shade is 8" D